Frequently Asked Questions
How do I repair my local copy of my email file.
Last Updated a year ago
- Find scanpst.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\SCANPST.EXE
- Run the program and point the file to the users mailbox (.ost) file. (.post) Should be located under C:\Users\%users_profile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\%users_email_address%@%email_host%.org.ost
- Click "Start": This will run a pre-file check.
- If you want to backup the file check the "Make backup of scanned file before repairing" box.
- Click Repair
- Wait patiently as this is a long process that makes the scanpst window freeze up. This just means the program is running and is doing what its supposed to. When the repair is finished a box saying "Repair complete" should pop up. Click the "ok" button then restart the email program.